Sunday, January 3, 2010

Review: Paring Knives

The other day, I cashed-in a $100 gift card for Williams Sonoma. I want almost everything in that store, and $100 doesn't take you too far. I settled-on a set of paring knives, a set of mixing bowls, a microplane zester, and a new apron.

The paring knives are awesome:
Set of three paring knives. The website says you can "Prevent cross-contamination by using color-coded knives to separately prep meat, poultry and fresh produce." But I say fuck that - that kind of planning ahead is for pussies!

Only $32.95 for the set, and they're sharp as hell. Way sharper than my kick-ass 10" chef's knife, but that's probably because I have a shitty knife sharpener, and haven't been able to really properly maintain my kitchen sword.

10" Chef Knife. The murderer's knife of choice

Anyway, if you're in the market for a new paring knife, you can certainly do a lot worse than that set from Williams Sonoma. $30 for three knives is a pretty good deal.

Oh, and the mixing bowls, zester, and apron are good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment